Spocket Hit A Record Double In Prospect Conversion With HubSpot.
Spocket is an ecommerce dropshipping platform that allows entrepreneurs to connect to suppliers of different products around Europe and the US, Spocket has begun revolutionizing the world of e-commerce by connecting dropshipping suppliers around the globe with more than 60,000 online entrepreneurs cutting across five continents, giving them the boost to open e-commerce businesses without having to worry about upfront costs or inventory. As many start-ups do, Spocket started managing its lead acquisition process with Excel spreadsheets, this didn't turn out well for such a large e-commerce platform that has gone big. It became evident as time goes by that the approach isn't yielding the maximum required result, the marketing team suffered it as they struggled to stop leads from growing cold coupled with that they had little as regards which re-engagement strategies were working. The spreadsheet system proved not to be the right choice for spocket as it stood in the way of landing product suppliers for dropshipping entrepreneurs who Spocket has helped open online business, this challenge was a critical one for the dropshipping platform. It got to a point, the operations manager - Imelda Dharmaei could no longer have it, she resorted to batch follow-ups to keep leads warm. The team mapped out entire days for lead re-engagement, muting all other tasks. “Our so-called cleanup days were incredibly time-consuming,” says Imelda. “They took us away from other activities that were much more useful and valuable.” this effort wasn't so fruitful as some leads would grow cold waiting for the next “clean up” day to come. Saba Mohebpour - Spocket’s CEO equally wanted a unified place where he and his team could source complete information relating to their product suppliers, plus conversion rates.
Somehow, Saba knew that they were losing leads instead of gaining, but he was faced with the daunting task of putting a number to it because he wasn't sure where leads were falling out of the acquisition process.
It became crystal clear that they needed a new way to manage and track its product supplier acquisition process, so the operations manager at spocket and her team started looking for an alternative that will yield the desired result.
After carrying out some research and searching through all multiple platforms, Spocket chose HubSpot for Startups. “We needed a platform that could scale with us over time and not cost a fortune at this early stage,” “HubSpot fit the bill,” Saba said. Banking on HubSpot’s scalability paid off for the dropshipping e-commerce platform. Since kicking off with HubSpot for Startups, the company has since upgraded to a stack comprising Sales Hub Professional, Marketing Hub Professional, and Professional Contacts. The following features were most beneficial to Spocket’s success:
- HubSpot's forms - very useful in automatically capturing and segmenting supplier leads. When leads sign up on Spocket’s website, they make use of forms in asking questions that land leads on the appropriate conversion path. “We use this information to make sure we’re handling each group effectively, which is increasing our conversion rate,” says Imelda. “There’s no way we could have done this with our old spreadsheet system.”
- HubSpot's Workflow Automation - the team and their head no longer need “clean up” days to batch process as this HubSpot's feature provides workflow automation that keeps prospects warm. The team simply set up automation triggers during every stage based on different lead profiles. Prospects are then sent emails and resources that are tailored to their profile and the stage of their journey. For example, once the system detects a prospect that has not engaged in X number of days, it automatically follows up with a targeted resource to draw them back in. “Workflow automation is saving us so much time,” says Imelda. “We don’t have to worry about following up or prospects going cold because it’s all done automatically.”
- HubSpot's Sequences - This feature has greatly helped Imelda and her team keep leads warm. Sequences consist of series of emails plus tasks that automate the follow-up process. This feature is used in identifying which sequence of emails and tasks is getting the highest conversions. “HubSpot makes it super easy to see which sequences are more successful than others,” says Imelda. “It has helped us optimize our process.”
- HubSpot's Pipeline Management - With HubSpot’s pipeline management, it is easy for Spocket to add suppliers to its CRM with a single click, at the same time track progress in its dashboard. “We’ve mapped out the entire supplier journey within HubSpot,” says Imelda. “We no longer need to pull up a spreadsheet to see what’s happening with a prospect. It’s all accessible via the dashboard.”
- HubSpot's Reporting & Analytics - Spocket’s CEO now has a unified source of information for their product suppliers as well as the reporting needed to monitor conversion rates. Not only can the CEO see what those rates are, but the marketing team can also equally view where leads are falling off and take a quick decision to keep them engaged.
The results Spocket achieved with HubSpot are numerous starting with -
- 2X the Conversion Rate from its spreadsheet days.
- An increased engagement across the board, as Saba points out: “Our drip campaigns have helped us acquire more suppliers and keep them engaged over time,” says Saba. “If they go inactive, we know what we need to do to bring them back.”
- Leveraging automation with HubSpot has increased the marketing team’s productivity. They do not have to map out entire days to batch follow up, rather, they have built follow up into their HubSpot stack, this gets it done automatically.
HubSpot is a huge success for Spocket, Saba has looked forward to the expansion, and continue scaling with HubSpot into the future. “Our goal is to become a one-stop-shop where anyone can become an entrepreneur,” says Imelda, “and HubSpot is helping us get there.”
Spocket scales 2X conversion rate with Hubspot automation Professional stack.